Poet and author David Whyte looks at the fruitful discipline of finding and asking ever keener and more beautiful questions throughout our lives. These questions ask us to reimagine ourselves, our world and our part in it, and have the potential to reshape our identities, helping us to become larger, more generous and more courageous, equal to the fierce invitations extended to us as we grow and mature.
1. The invitation that is waiting for you
2. The pilgrim road
3. Finding a question you don't want to answer
4. A broad field of freedom
5. Our journey into solace
6. The way forward
7. The first prayer that opens me to faith
8. You are all possibilities you can see
9. The privilege of loss
10. How will you forgive yourself?
11. Naming love too early
12. Going against yourself
13. Your secret form of love
14. The human heart left to itself
*This talk is an edited version of the gathering at Asilomar in January 2014.